Friday 15 June 2018

London Baby!


So at the beginning of the week I took a trip down to London with the guys from uni for GFW, and omg was it amazing. Graduate Fashion Week was so great I learned a lot, and my work being on the catwalk was so amazing, but I thought id share some of the things we did outside of going to see shows and networking with brands and also some of the cute little places I found around Shoreditch, btw its mostly to do with food hahaha.



We visited Spitalfields market a lot while we were there, it was just next to the Truman Brewery so any spare time we had we dotted over to see what was about. One of the places I saw well actually smelled was a little cart doughnut called Crosstown Doughnuts which had a such cute array of flavours like matcha or peanut and blackcurrant jam, however I chose a vegan chocolate one which was divine, I'm personally not vegan but this was sooooo good and I couldn't tell the difference, it was smothered and filled with a chocolate ganache on top of a sourdough doughnut.



On the Tuesday my brother had come to visit to look at my work so we decided to go to the Diner for food and I've never been here before but my god am I going back, and mainly for the garlic butter fries alone! It was so cute and the cocktails were amazing too!





Another place we found was Dark Sugars, now this place is a little past the Truman Brewery and it smells incredible! The chocolate is so rich its ridiculous, and I just had to pick some up. I chose from a large selection and picked chocolates like, gin and lime...obviously, then a orange and vodka, as well as mandarin etc. Also they had the cutest little truffles which had pipettes stuck in them filled with fruity purees and these were omg so amazing. 



On the final night we took a trip all the way to the top of Selfridges (after shopping around Oxford street obv) to have the best little Italian meal ever. The restaurant was called Alto, and you take a certain lift up to the roof, which made me feel waaaaay too posh btw. It was a sort of tapas and we all ordered around two portions each, and eating in this most beautiful open space was such a treat to end the trip. 



I honestly can't stress how cute this place was, from the orange arch as you walk in to them handing out blankets later on in the evening when people became a little chilly, it was honestly perfect. 

I will want to take a trip back here every time I head down to London and make sure if you can you check it out!


Top: Missguided
Trousers: H and M
Trainers: Adidas 

x








No comments:

Post a Comment